- In the event that video clip shows any recognizable living clients and/or recognizable personal statistics, writers have to demonstrate that permission happens to be obtained. In cases where a consent that is patient had been given to the associated article, there is no need to give you this once again for the video clip.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sharing web sites utilize. Often they are standard choices from your own modifying computer pc pc software. an extensive guide is available from the vimeo web site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account in the Hightail internet site. Please through the journal’s name along with your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit your movie to your paper. Your movie should be gotten by the right time which you get back the modifications for your article evidence, at the really latest. Please be aware that if you miss the deadline, this may cause delays in publication of both your article and the video if you do not correctly label your video or.
All video clip abstracts would be evaluated for suitability because of the editorial group and publication just isn’t assured. In certain full instances editors may request edits to your video clip.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the research article online and additionally published individually from the journal’s YouTube channel. They’ve been published underneath the exact same copyright terms while the article.
Article processing charges
During distribution, authors can select to possess their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers also can elect to publish their article in color for the print version – as opposed to the standard choice of black colored and white – for GBP 250. There are not any distribution, web web page or online-only color figure fees.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and programmes that are institutional click on this link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 data policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be manufactured available at the earliest opportunity, anywhere lawfully and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s full Data Sharing Policy page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting the full time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs will likely be very theraputic for the whole research community.
Please find extra information about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the article that is below specs like the necessary article lengths, pictures, dining dining table limitations and guide counts. The term count excludes the title web web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and sources. Manuscripts must certanly be since succinct as you are able to.
For further support learn resume writing when coming up with your distribution please relate to the resources available in the BMJ Author Hub. right Here there are informative data on writing and formatting your research until the peer review process and marketing your paper. You may even want to make use of the language translation and editing solutions supplied by BMJ Author Services.
A free service to help you maximise your article’s reach if your article is accepted you can take advantage of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos.
Articles research that is reporting be complete size or brief reports. Papers should generally be at the most 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sometimes be manufactured for this, especially in the truth of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter papers could be more competitive for publication. The editors will think about the merits regarding the instance for longer documents on a case-by-case foundation, but documents more than 5000 terms will never be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the length that is recommended, as excessive size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper provided the area limits associated with log.
Writers will include an area entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the messages that are key the study the following:
- What’s currently understood with this topic. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise their state of medical knowledge with this topic. Be specific and clear, maybe not obscure.
- Exactly What crucial gaps in knowledge occur with this subject.
- Just just just What this research adds. In a single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ What do we now know due to this research that people would not understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Word count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use recommendations just as required
this informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external
Brief reports are faster variations of initial articles, must not surpass 1500 terms, that can consist of one dining table or figure.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Letter (original research)
Research letters meant for publication must be no more than 500 terms, 10 recommendations, and something dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted within the log must be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information provided into the text of a write-up. They need to have name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This short article type is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Unique communications are documents which do not report initial research information but which give a conversation, analysis, or report on a subject that is particular. Generally speaking these must be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of room limits.
This informative article kind is susceptible to internal and sometimes outside peer review.
Review articles offer overview of the literary works, frequently concerning a certain topic, nation, or geographic area. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, includes an abstract because of the after headings: objective, data sources, study selection, information extraction, information synthesis, and conclusions writers publishing review manuscripts and reports associated with the link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of a maximum of 250 terms underneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract must start by having a accurate declaration associated with main goal of this review. The main focus of the declaration must be directed by if the review emphasises facets such as for example cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It will consist of information regarding the particular populace, intervention, visibility, and test or result this is certainly being evaluated.
- Data sources – A succinct summary of information sources should really be offered, including any moment limitations. Possible sources consist of specialists or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and published indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In case a database that is bibliographic utilized, the actual indexing terms employed for article retrieval should always be stated, including any constraints (as an example, English language or peoples topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to pick studies for step-by-step review from among studies defined as strongly related the subject. Information on selection will include specific populations, interventions, results, or methodological designs. The strategy accustomed apply these requirements must be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection criteria ought to be stated.
- Information removal – tips useful for abstracting data and evaluating information quality and credibility (such as for example requirements for causal inference) must be described. The strategy in which the principles had been used must certanly be stated: as an example, separate extraction by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary outcomes of the review, whether qualitative or quantitative, should always be stated. Practices utilized to have these total outcomes should really be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the major results that had been pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes if feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes must certanly be combined with self- self- confidence periods, if relevant, and precise quantities of statistical significance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should address dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis includes summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies must be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, outcome measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications is obviously stated, restricting generalisation into the domain associated with the review. The necessity for brand new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and recommendations)
this informative article kind is susceptible to internal and outside peer review.